Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New Local Client/Friends

Since most of my followers do not know me well enough to know my history, let me give you a little bit about myself.

When I was 3 years old I started racing motocross, yes, dirt bikes. A family friend got me into it, and I just loved the power that I had. About 3 years later I started to race BMX which was almost the same, except I had to pedal around a track rather than twist the throttle. Either way, 15 concussions and 20 broken bones later I was 18 years old, and frankly I felt like I was at least 4 times my age. My body constantly aches and hurts in ways that you are not supposed to feel at such a young age. Any who, I decided to ease up a bit, but I never officially "quit", which by the way-I hate that word with a passion.

2 years later, I'm now 20 and I have officially had to sell both my dirt bike and BMX bike. It hurts, but the risks that I am taking now with the sports are selfish and I have more than just myself to worry about.

If you have read this far into my extremely dull post, congratulations! It does get better, I promise!

Since February, I have been helping the owners of the local bike shop, Paul and Phil Barlow with the re-opening of the local BMX track. It's been great fun and I love that I still get to be involved in the sport without risking breaking bones. I work in staging on race days, but I do a lot of the behind the scenes work such as graphic design and such. Now, I have been asked to write content for the website of both their bike shop and the BMX track! I am so excited!

I love having a variety of topics amongst my clients, but it will definitely pay off to be able to write about something that I have such a passion for. I am extremely excited to work on a whole new level with Paul and Phil of Barlow Bikes here in St Helens, and I would just like to say "thank you" to them for being such great people!

No comments:

Post a Comment