Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Day that Changed my Life

Today I sold my bike. I know, I know, to most people it seems like it should be nothing. But there's something a lot deeper than just "selling a bicycle" to it. I've been in BMX racing for 15 years, and having to give up something that has been such a huge part of your life for so long is harder than I can put into words.


Okay, enough with the sob story. I did have some pretty exciting things happen to me today! With the money from my bike I purchased a laptop, FINALLY! Sitting in an office chair all day for work takes quite a toll on you, and not for the better! I'm so excited that now I can go work outside and lay in the hammock with my work. That is if the rain decides to hold off for more than 24 hours, I do live in the Pacific Northwest after all.

I also got to meet with the web designer for Barlow Bikes, Kelly, and got everything squared away for that. I also got to speak with my new real estate client who I am incredibly excited to work with! Speaking with both him and his colleague has reinstated my trust that there are honest people in the world and that there is hope in the freelancing world.

This weekend Josh and I are going camping with some friends and unfortunately there's no internet connection in the high forest, haha. I'll be back on Sunday morning, so have no fear I will return to update you all with photos and incredibly entertaining stories that may include Josh's friend shooting a squirrel on accident, out of fear, with an AK-47 (yes, it did happen).

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment